Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Buzzword alert

One of the business buzzwords I’ve been seeing a lot of lately is “turnkey.” Usually found in the context of “offering turnkey solutions to fit your company’s needs,” it’s one of those great words that people must think sounds easy and smart without actually meaning or promising too much.

But with my particularly odd eye, all I can ever think when I see this word is “turkey.” Somehow my eye skips over the “n” to reveal the true silliness of it all.

Today I challenge you to offer turkey solutions for all your clients. They'll thank you, I'm sure.

4 comments:

katie lynn said...

you're a turkey.

b. said...

hey.
that's what i was gonna say.

Laurie said...

I hate corporate buzzwords.
Brain Dump - sounds painful
Enterprise-wide solution - sounds like a math problem
Pipeline - clients & oil flow through these
Refocus - what the crap were you doing before?
I hate them.
:)

Dulcimer said...

I think what bothers me the most about them is that they serve as free passes to advance in the business world. You don't actually have to be good at what you do; you just have to keep saying the meaningless words that are most popular at the moment and people will think that you are an asset to your organization.