Friday, June 16, 2006

Plans for the weekend

Every Friday, around 2 p.m., I start to get antsy--and strangely quiet. Everyone starts popping their head in the door and asking the big question:

"Any big plans for the weekend?"

No, of course not. I'm a boring person at work; just imagine how much more boring I am at home!

But I will say that, although my plans may not be big, I like my weekends, and for the most part, I wouldn't have them any other way.

So maybe, instead of avoiding the question or answering shyly, I should just grin and say, "No way. Weekends were not made to be planned; they were made to be enjoyed."

That said, I do have some plans (or hopes, at least) for the coming weekend:
  1. Spend time with Mr. Incredible, talking, cooking, and working together.
  2. Celebrate Father's Day.
  3. Talk to God, and read at least some portion of the Bible.
  4. Exercise the dog until he collapses into a hot, furry, exhausted heap.
  5. Tear apart the walls of our bathroom.
  6. Watch our plants grow.
  7. Load and unload the dishwasher at least once. Heh heh.
  8. Finish reading Eldest.
  9. Sleep.
  10. Ahhhhh.

No comments: